Biomics And Biodiversity Lab
- Functional genomics of thermophilic bacterial resources of Odisha through cultivable and non-cultivable means (Metagenomics) targeting identification industrially important enzymes; lipase, xylanase, cellulase and the genes responsible for them is done in our laboratory through molecular cloning and expression analysis of enzyme producing clones by constructing metagenomic library.
- Attempts are taken to establish the thermophilic bacterial biodiversity of thermophilic ponds.
- Molecular basis of understanding pathogenesis in Multidrug Resistance of Bacteria.
- Molecular profiling of plants using genetic markers RAPD/SSR/ISSR has been done to understand the extent of genetic diversity existing among different cultivars of ginger in 10 agro-climatic zones of Odisha.
- In vitro techniques established for selected plants of economic importance aiming at sustainable biodiversity conservation.
- Phytochemical analysis (Phytochemomics) and in vitro, in vivo bioactivity study (anticancer, antimicrobial, anti-diabetic) of economically important plants (lemongrass, tulsi, ginger, turmeric, kaempferia etc) has been successfully attempted.
- Dr S. Nayak, Professor
- Dr E. Subudhi, Associate Professor,
Research Scientists/ Scholars Associated:
- Kalpana Sahoo
- Rajesh kumar Sahoo
- Aradhana Das
- Archana Singh
- Mahendra Gaur
- Jayanti Jena
- R.K. Sahoo, M. Kumar, S. Mohanty, M. Sawyer, P. K.S.M. Rahman, L.B. Sukla, E. Subudhi, (2018) Statistical optimization for lipase production from solid waste of vegetable oil industry, Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology” (accepted), Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 1.36
- J. Jena, N.K.Debata, R.K.Sahoo, M. Gaur, E. Subudhi (2017) Molecular characterization of extended spectrum ß-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae strains isolated from a tertiary care hospital, Molecular Pathogenesis, DOI: 10.1016/j.micpath.2017.12.056, Reference: YMPAT 2692, Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 2.1
- M. Kumar, S. Saha, E. Subudhi (2017) Reply to McGann. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 64 (11): 1632 https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cix264 Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 8.8
- R.K. Sahoo, M. Gaur, A. Das, A. Singh, M. Kumar, E. Subudhi (2017) Comparative analysis of 16S rRNA gene Illumina sequence for microbial community structure in diverse unexplored hot springs of Odisha, India. Geomicrobiology J. VOL. 34, NO. 6, 567–576 https://doi.org/10.1080/01490451.2016.1238980 Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 1.4
- J. Jena, R.K. Sahoo, N.K. Debata, E. Subudhi (2017) Prevalence of TEM, SHV and CTX-M genes of extended spectrum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated from urinary tract infections in adults.;7(4):244. doi: 10.1007/s13205-017-0879-2. 3 Biotech Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 1.3
- E. Subudhi, R.K. Sahoo, M. Gaur, A. Singh, A. Das (2017) Shift in cyanobacteria community diversity in hot springs of India. Geomicrobiology J. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01490451.2017.1338799 Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 1.48
- J. Jena, N.K. Debata, R.K. Sahoo, M. Gaur, E. Subudhi (2017) Genetic diversity of various β-lactamase producing multidrug resistant Escherichia coli isolates from a tertiary care hospital using ERIC-PCR. Indian J. Medical Research Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: F: 1.5.
- S. Satapathy, S. Paikaray, T. Manikkannan, E. Subudhi (2017) Biosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles derived from marine Bivalve Donax cuneatus (Linnaeus) and assessment of its antimicrobial potential. Inorganic and Nanometal Chemistry DOI: 10.1080/24701556.2017.1284083 Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact factor: 0.48
- A. Gochhayat, S. Beura, E. Subudhi (2017) Standardization of sterilization time and plant bioregulators for callus formation in hybrid Lilium cv. Fangio International J Pharma Biosciences 8: 613-617, Indexed in SCOPUS.
- A. Gochhayat, S. Beura, E. Subudhi (2017) Effect of surface sterilization time and plant bioregulators for callus formation in hybrid Lilium cv. Tresor. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Asia 14:709-713, Indexed in SCOPUS.
- A.Das, E. Subudhi (2017) Proximate composition and food value of ginger cultivars from different environmental conditions. International research journal of Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology, (Non- SCOPUS) accepted.
- R.K. Sahoo, E. Subudhi (2017), Isolation and characterization of organic solvent tolerant lipase producing Anoxybacillus sp. ARS1 from hotspring of Odisha, (Non- SCOPUS) accepted.
- M. Kumar, S. Saha, E. Subudhi (2016) More Furious than Ever: E. coli acquired Co-Resistance towards Colistin and Carbapenems. Clinical infectious diseases. 10.1093/cid/ciw508. Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 8.8
- R.K. Sahoo, M. Kumar, L.B. Sukla, E. Subudhi (2016) Bioprospecting hot spring metagenome: Lipase for the production of Biodiesel. Environmental Science Pollution Research. Doi: 10.1007/s11356-016-8118-7 Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 2.85
- Das, M. Gaur, D.P. Barik, E. Subudhi (2016). Genetic diversity analysis of 60 ginger germplasm core accessions using ISSR and SSR markers. Plant Biosystem, pp. 1–11. Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 1.9
- M. Gaur, A. Das, R.K. Sahoo, S. Mohanty,R.K. Joshi, E. Subudhi (2016) Comparative transcriptome analysis of ginger variety Suprbha from two different agrocllimatic zones of Odisha. Genomic Data 9: 42-43 Indexed in SCOPUS.
- M. Gaur, A. Das, R.K. Sahoo, B. Kar, S. Nayak, E. Subudhi (2016) De novo transcriptome assembly of Zingiber officinale cv. Suruchi of Odisha. Genomic Data 9:87-88. Indexed in SCOPUS.
- M. Kumar, A. Gupta, R.K. Sahoo, J. Jena, N.K. Debata, E. Subudhi (2016) Functional Genome Screening to Elucidate the Colistin Resistance Mechanism. Scientific Reports, Nature publishing group vol. 6, p. 23156. Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 5.67
- A.Moharana, A. Das, E. Subudhi, S.K. Naik, D.P. Barik (2016) Assessment of genetic fidelity using random amplified polymorphic DNA and inter simple sequence repeats marker of lawsonia inermis L. plants regenerated by axillary shoot proliferation. PNAS, India-section B: Biological sciences. DOI 10.1007/s40011-016-0740-0. Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 0.4
- A.Singh, E. Subudhi (2016) Structural insights of microbial community of Deulajhari (India) hotspring using 16S rRNA based metagenomics sequencing. Genomics Data. (7) 101-102. Indexed in SCOPUS.
- E. Subudhi, A. Das, R.K. Joshi, S. Mohanty, S. Nayak (2016). Genetic diversity analysis and redundant identification in 48 core collections of Zingiber officinale Rosc. (Zingiberaceae). Brazalian J Botany, (39) 3, pp 869-883. Indexed in SCOPUS. Impact Factor: 0.73
- A.Singh, E. Subudhi (2016) Profiling of microbial community of Odisha hotspring based on metagenomics sequencing. Genomics Data. (7) 187-188. Indexed in SCOPUS.
- Singh, E. Subudhi, M. Gaur, R. K. Sahoo (2016) Investigation of the microbial community in the Odisha hot spring cluster based on the cultivation independent approach. Genomics Data. (7) 222- 225. Indexed in SCOPUS.
- M. Gaur, A. Das, E. Subudhi (2015) High quality SNPs/Indels mining and characterization in ginger from ESTs data base Bioinformation, 11(2):85-89 (SCOPUS, 0.5)
- R.K. Sahoo, E. Subudhi, M. Kumar (2014). Quantitative Approach to Track Lipase Producing Pseudomonas sp. S1 in Non-Sterilized Solid State Fermentation. Letters in Applied Microbiology. (In press) Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 1.629
- A. Kuanar, P. K. Nayak, E. Subudhi, S. Nayak (2014). In Vitro Selection of Turmeric Somaclone Resistant to Fusarium oxysporumf.sp. Zingiberi, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. DOI 10.1007/s40011-013-0295-2 In press. (Scopus) (springer).
- J Jena, NK Debata, E Subudhi (2013). Prevalence of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase and metallo-beta-lactamase producing multi drug resistance gram- negative bacteria from urinary isolates. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology 31, (4), 420-421, Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 0.9
- T. Swain, R.K. Sahoo, D.M. Kar and E. Subudhi (2013). Phytomedicinal potential of Luffacylindrica (L.) Reom extract. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology 7(1) Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 0.5
- Y. Liu, R. J. Whelan, B. R. Pattnaik, K. Ludwig, E. Subudhi, H. Rowland, N. Claussen, N.Zucker, S. Uppal2, D. M. Kushner, M Felder, M. S. Patankar, A. Kapur (2013). Terpenoids from Zingiberofficinale (Ginger) induce apoptosis in endometrial cancer cells through the activation of p53, PLOS one, 7(12) e53178.Indexed in SCOPUS Impact factor: 4.1
- R. K. Sahoo, A. Kuanar, R. K. Joshi, A. P. Das, S. Nayak, E. Subudhi (2011) Antidermatophytic activity of eucalyptol rich turmeric somaclone oil against human pathogenic isolates. Journal of medicinal plant research Vol. 5(9), pp. 1594-1597. Indexed in SCOPUS
- A.K. Jena, R.K. Sahoo, E. Subudhi, G. Ghosh, B.B. Subudhi and S. Nayak (2011). Studies on antioxidant, antimicrobial and phytochemical analysis of Zingiber capitatum Roxb. extract. International journal of integrative Biology. 11(3):127-133. Indexed in SCOPUS
- E. Subudhi, S Mohanty, S Mohanty, AKuanar, M K Panda (2010). "In Vitro Antimicrobial Study of Plant Essential Oils and Extracts". Internet journal of Microbiology. 8(1). Indexed in SCOPUS
- E. Subudhi, S Mohanty, R K Joshi, R C Mohanty, S.Nayak. (2010) Retention of drug yielding potential of long term micropopagated gingers through periodic monitoring of genetic stability in vitro. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 3(10), 2421-2424. Indexed in SCOPUS
- S. Kumar, E. Subudhi, S. Nayak and S. Sahoo (2009) Antimicrobial activity of essential oils from 15 lemongrass genotypes - a comparative assay. Internet journal of Microbiology. 6 (1). Indexed in SCOPUS
- S. Ghosh, E. Subudhi and S. Nayak (2008) Antimicrobial assay of Stevia rebaudianaBertoni leaf extracts against 10 pathogens. International journal of integrative Biology 2 (1) 27-31. Indexed in SCOPUS
Functional Genomic based Elucidation of Molecular Mechanism(s) behind Colistin Resistance
by DST-SERB Govt. of India
Development of integrated photocatalytic biohybrid reactor system for treatment of coke oven waste water
by DBT Govt. of India
Biodiversity and cellulolytic activity of extreme thermophilic bacteria harbouring thermal ponds of Odisha-A novel approach towords search for industrial cellulase
by DST-SERB Govt. of India
Characterization of lipase producing clones and Microbial diversity of hot springs of Odisha through metagenomic approach.
by DBT Govt. of India
Phytochemical and molecular profiling of ginger from different agro climatic regions of Odisha emphasizing on high essential oil, high oleoresin and low fibre containing genotypes (No SR/SO/PS/0041/2012)
by DST Govt. Of India
Searching for novel thermo stable bacterial lipase from hotsprings of Odisha-a metagenomics approach. By SOA University
Three years 2015-2018