Cell Culture Lab
Research Overview :
- Development of antibody based diagnostic kit for detection of plant and human diseases.
- Human based diagnostic kit will enable to detect the malaria (P. falciparum and P. vivax) infection from urine and saliva of the patient.
- Plant based diagnostic kit will enable us to detect the fungal pathogens (Pythium and Fusarium species) causing rhizome rot in turmeric and ginger at very early stage of development even before the appearance of visible symptoms and thus would be very useful for boosting production.
- Studying and experimentation of different parameters for cryopreservation of breast milk and its constituent cells for use in future medical emergent.
- Dr. Shikha Singh, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sanghamitra Nayak, Professor
- Swagatika Dash
- Abtar Mishra
- Monalisha Ray
- Seema Tripathy
- Amrita Masanta
- “Development of diagnostic ELISA kit for detection of Pythium infection causing rhizome rot in turmeric” (Supported by MSME, Govt. of India funded project)
- “Rapid detection of Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax in human urine and saliva samples: a non invasive approach for malaria diagnosis” (Supported by DST, Govt. of India funded project)
- “Studying and experimentation of different parameters for cryopreservation of breast milk and its constituent cells for use in future medical emergent”(Supported by DST, Govt. of India funded project).
Ray, M., Ray, A., Dash, S., Mishra, A., Achary, K. G., Nayak, S., & Singh, S. (2016). Fungal disease detection in plants: Traditional assays, novel diagnostic techniques and biosensors. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2016.09.032. (Accepted) (IF: 7.47, SCOPUS).
- Seema Tripathy, Shikha Singh, (2017) Potential of breast milk in stem cell research, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 0250-474X (Accepted). (IF: 0.6, SCOPUS).
- Prabin Kumar Sahoo, Monalisa Ray, Swagatika Dash, Amrita Masanta, K. Gopinath Achary, Sanghamitra Nayak, Shikha Singh, (2017), Isolation and characterization of Botrytis antigen from Allium cepa L. and its role in rapid diagnosis of Neck rot Diseases. (Accepted). (IF: 1.6, SCOPUS).
- M. Ray, S. Dash, S. Shahbazi, K. G. Achary, S. Nayak, & S. Singh (2016) Development and validation of ELISA technique for early detection of rhizome rot in golden spice turmeric from different agroclimatic zones. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 66, 546-552. (IF: 2.9, SCOPUS, SCI).
- Dash, S., Ray, M., Achary, K.G., Parida, R., Nayak, S. and Singh, S (2017) Edible plant derived essential oils synergistically enhance the Th1, Th2 and anti-inflammatory cytokines in neonatal cord blood monocytic cell line. Food and Agricultural Immunology. Accepted http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09540105.2017.1376039 (IF: 1.39, SCOPUS, SCI).
- Seema Tripathy, Adhikari Sahu, Shikha Singh, (2017), Identification of cellular constituents of breast milk: an analysis, International Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences, DOI. 10.5281/zenodo.822761. (IF: 3.095, SCOPUS, SCI).
- Swagatika dash 1 , Monalisa Ray 1 , Abtar Mishra 1 , Sajad Shahbazi 2 ,K. Gopinath Achary 3 , Sanghamitra Nayak 1, Shikha Singh, (2016 ) Zerumbone, a natural plant dietary compound induces expression of IL-12 P70 cytokine in human PBMCs. Asian journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. (Accepted) (IF: 0.4, SCOPUS).
- K.G. Achary, Javed Akhtar, Swagatika Dash, Monalisa Ray, Shikha Singh, (2015) A Non Invasive Approach for Rapid Malaria Diagnosis from Urine and Saliva of Malaria Patients, Volume II, Issue III, March 2015. (IF: 2.08, SCOPUS).
Patent filed: Indian Patent 01, Application No.201731031201 A
1. A kit for rapid diagnosis of malaria from human urine and method of detecting the same.