Drug Development And Analysis Lab
Our lab aims to optimize the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs through synthetic and formulation means to repurpose them against disorders. Considering the huge challenge posed by virus/microbes, our focus is also devoted to development of specific antiviral through rational drug design approaches.
- Dr Bharat Bhusan Subudhi (PI)
- Dr Shakti Ketan Prusty(Asst Professor)
- Alok Kumar Moharana (SRF, DBT)
- Rudranarayan Dash (SRF, DST)
- Tapas Kumar Mohapatra (JRF, Siksha O Anusandhan Deemed to be University)
- Puskar Sarkar(M.Pharm student)
Research projects completed
- Evaluation of efficacy of Losartan carboxylic acid against oxidative stress and development of novel approaches for its brain delivery against neurodegenerative disorders”-Life Science Research Board, DRDO, New Delhi (DLS/81/48222/LSRB-266/EPB/2012, Amount: Rs12, 49,860/-, Duration: 2013-16 (Completed).
- “Conjugation of L-Glutamic Acid and Other Natural Molecules to Methotrexate for Brain Targeting”- (Funding Agency: Siksha O Anusandhan(Deemed to be University), Amount: Rs.200000/- Duration: 2012-2015(Completed).
Current Research projects
- “Development of Specific Inhibitor of Chikungunya Virus", SERB, DST, New Delhi (EMR/2015/002433). Amount: Rs 38, 80880/-, Duration: 2016(4th Aug)- 2019(Ongoing).
- “Development of 1[(2methylbenzimidazol1yl) methyl]2oxo indolin3ylidene] amino] thiourea (MBZMNIBT) as specific inhibitor of Chikungunya virus”, DBT, New Delhi (BT/PR15750/MED/29/1015/2016) Amount: Rs. 6149200/-; Duration: 2017- 2020).
- Application no. 1292/KOL/2014. Chattopadhyay S, Kumar A, Subudhi BB, Mishra P. A composition for inhibition of infection caused by Chikungunya virus (CHIKV). Filing date: 12.12.2014. Publication Date : 2016/06/17
- Application no. 201711023545. Bharat Bhusan Subudhi, Pratap Kumar Sahu, Shakti Ketan Prusty. A neuroprotective agent comprising ester of losatran carboxylic acid and ascorbic acid. Filing date: 04.07.2017.
- R Sahu , T Ahmed , R Sanghana, R Punde , B B Subudhi *.Effect of Tinospora cordifolia aqua-alcoholic extract on pharmacokinetic of Glibenclamide in rat: an herb-drug interaction study. J Pharmaceutical and Biomedical analysis. 2018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2018.01.010. (Impact Factor: 3.255)
- R P Swain, B B Subudhi*. Effect of semicrystalline polymers on self-emulsifying solid dispersions of nateglinide: In vitro and in vivo evaluation. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03639045. 2017.1371739 (Impact Factor: 2.295)
- S Mandal, S D Mandal, K Chuttani, A Dharamsi, B B Subudhi. Transnasomucosal mucoadhesive microemulsion of zaltoprofen: A comparative brain distribution study. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology. 2017, 39, 237–246 (Impact Factor: 1.194)
- Priyadarshi Mishra, Abhishek Kumar, Prabhudutta Mamidi, Sameer Kumar, Itishree Basantray, Tanuja Saswat, Indrani Das, Tapas Nayak, Subhasis Chattopadhyay, Soma Chattopadhyay and Bharat B Subudhi. Inhibition of Chikungunya Virus Replication by 1-[(2-Methylbenzimidazol-1-yl) Methyl]-2-Oxo-Indolin-3-ylidene] Amino] Thiourea (MBZM-N-IBT).2016. Scientific Reports (Nature), 6, Article number: 20122 doi:10.1038/srep20122 (Impact Factor: 4.259)
- V Singh, B B Subudhi. Development and Characterization of Lysine-Methotrexate Conjugate for Enhanced Brain Delivery. Drug Delivery 12/2014; DOI:10.3109/10717544.2014.984369. (Impact Factor: 6.402)