Plant Biotechnology Lab
- Evaluation of immunomudulatory activity of medicinal plants.
The study involves the possible use of essential oil of medicinal plant in diseases where the immune system is affected like cancer, AIDS and autoimmune diseases.
- Quality evaluation of essential oil of important medicinal plants.
Quality evaluation of essential oil of important medicinal plants like Alpinia galanga, Kaempferia galanga, Hedychium coronarium, Curcuma longa, Curcuma caesia, Pandanus odorifer, Piper betle, Zingiber zerumbet etc are being done using GC and GC-MS. Chemical fingerprinting have also been developed for essential oil of these species.
- Evaluation of phytoremedial ability of Pongamia pinnata (L.) Pierre under Hexavalent Chromium stress Soil conditions
Hexavalent chromium is one of the most common hazardous environmental contaminant released from industrial sources. It possesses health risk to all forms of living organisms. The ongoing study is designed to reduce its toxicity in the environment using Pongamia pinnata (L) Pierre as a tool.
- Dr. Shikha Singh, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Patitapaban Dash, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Basudeba Kar, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sanghamitra. Nayak, Professor
- Swagatika Dash
- Suprava Sahoo
- Subhasree Singh
- Noohi Nasim
- Pratyush Kumar Das
- Suryasnata Das
“Evaluation of immunomodulatory activity of essential oil of some underexplored medicinal plants with emphasis on the role of different cytokines” (Supported by DST, Govt. of India funded project).
Chemical and molecular profiling of kewra (Pandanus fascicularis) from various ecoregions of Odisha for selection of elites with high essential oil yield and quality. (Supported by DBT, Govt. of India funded project)
- A Ray, S Jena, B Kar, J Patnaik, PC Panda, S Nayak (2017) Chemical composition and antioxidant activities of essential oil of Hedychium greenii and Hedychium gracile from India. Natural Product Research. (IF: 1.8), (Accepted). (SCI, SCOPOUS Indexed). DOI:10.1080/14786419.2017.1416384.
- N. Nasim, J.K. Behera, I.S. Sandeep, V.V. RamaRao, B. Kar, A. Mishra, S. Nayak, and S. Mohanty (2018) Phytochemical analysis of flower from Pandanus odorifer (Forssk.) Kuntze for industrial application. Natural product research, pp.1-4. (IF: 1.8) DOI:10.1080/14786419.2017.1422184 (IF-1.8)
- S Sahoo, B Kar, A Sahoo, S Nayak (2017) Phytoconstituents analysis and bioactivity study of Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) Burtt. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants, ISSN- 0972060X, (IF: 0.49), (Accepted) (SCI, SCOPOUS Indexed).
- N Nasim, JK Behera, IS Sandeep, B Kar, VV ramarao, S Nayak, S Mohanty (2017) Effect of harvesting time and storage on essential oil and PEME content of Pandanus fascicularis, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science (Accepted).
- A Ray, B Dash, A Sahoo, N Nasim, P C Panda, J Patnaik, B Ghosh, S Nayak, B Kar (2017) Assessment of the terpenic composition of Hedychium coronarium oil from Eastern India; Industrial crops and products; 97; 49-55; (SCI, IF: 3.2).
- S. Das, R Parida, I S Sandeep, B Kar, S Nayak , S Mohanty (2016) Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of some important betelvine landraces. Biologia. DOI: 10.1515/bilog-2016-0030.(IF – 0.8).
- S Das, IS Sandeep, R Parida, S Nayak, S Mohanty (2016) Variation in volatile constituents and eugenol content of five important betelvine (Piper betle L.) landraces exported from eastern India. Journal of Essential oil Bearing Plants, 19(7); 1788-1793. (IF: 0.3) .
- S Sahoo, S Jena, A Sahoo, A Ray, N Nasim, B Kar, S Nayak. (2016).GC-MS analysis and evaluation of bioactivities of Kaempferia parishii - a natural source of totarol. IJPPS IJPPS 8(5):182-186.
- B. Kar, P.C.Panda, S.Sahoo, B. Dash, S. Nayak (2015) GC-MS analysis of rhizome essential oil of Bosenbergia longiflora (Wall) kuntze rich in longipnocarvone, a sesquiterpenoid. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7(2): 568-570.
- Swagatika Dash1, Monalisa Ray1, Reena Parida1, K. Gopinath Achary2,Sanghamitra Nayak1, ShikhaSingh1* (2017) Essential oil activates immune response and supress inflammation related disorders in human cell co cultures via cytokine profiling.Journal of essential oil bearing plants, (Accepted). (IF: 0.49, SCI).
- S Dash, M Ray, A Mishra, S Shahbazi, KG Achary, S Nayak, S Singh (2017) Zerumbone, a natural plant dietary compound induces expression of interleukin-12p70 cytokine in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical research, 9(3) pp.312-314. (SCOPUS, IF: 0.5)
- S Dash, M Ray, KG Achary, R Parida, S Nayak, S Singh (2017) Edible plant derived essential oils synergistically enhance the Th1, Th2 and anti-inflammatory cytokines in neonatal cord blood monocytic cell line. Food and Agricultural Immunology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09540105.2017.1376039 (Accepted, SCOPUS, SCI, IF: 1.392)
- S. Dash, M. Ray, R. Parida, K. G Achary, S. Nayak, S. Singh (2017) Essential oil activates immune response and supress inflammation related disorders in human cell co cultures via cytokine profiling. Journal of essential oil bearing plants, (Accepted). (IF: 0.49, SCI).
- Pratyush Kumar Das, Bidyut Prava Das and Patitapaban Dash; Hexavalent Chromium Induced Toxicity and its Remediation using Macrophytes; Pollution Research; 2017; Vol. 36; Issue – 1; Page No. 92-98; ISSN-0257-8050; SCOPUS; Impact Factor: SJR – 0.143, SNIP – 0.227, NAAS Rating – 4.97, SCOPUS-H- Index – 20.